About this Special Issue
We are welcoming research papers and reviews on technological advancements in biomedical science to include, though not restricted to:
· A new technology or approach e.g. AI and digital pathology, multi-plex immunohistochemistry
· Emerging diagnostic/prognostic markers (antibodies or probes), not currently in use in the diagnostic laboratory NB: An appreciation of the disease mechanisms involved would be expected
· Totally novel techniques
· Modified methods that give improved results compared to existing methods
· Tissue preservation and technologies to enhance the maximal use of smaller sample yields
· Tumour spatial transcriptomics in skin cancer treatment
· Advances in mass spectrometry, focusing on “non-traditional” applications.
· Machine learning and decision support
· Molecular diagnostics in the point-of-care testing environment
· Novel biomarkers for diagnosis and monitoring of disease.
In all cases it would be expected that the novel approach be validated on clinical samples in the laboratory, and the scientific rationale underpinning any new technology to be fully explained.
Article Submission Deadline: October 31st 2023
Keywords: immunohistochemistry, Tissue preservation, biomedical technology, transcriptomics, Machine learning, Molecular diagnostics, Novel biomarkers, digital pathology